One Pink Toothbrush

Welcome to One Pink Toothbrush, where I will be posting moments from my days as a mum and as a wife. Funny moments, messy moments, thoughtful moments, teary moments.... and hopefully using each moment to see what God might be saying.



Saturday 27 January 2018

The Kitchen

The Kitchen; My Weird Haven

The Kitchen is where I spend most of my time
The kitchen is where I feed my tribe
The kitchen is where I makes cups of tea
The kitchen is where I provide for their needs
The kitchen is where we try and listen to each other
The kitchen is actually where we talk over each other
The kitchen is where we eat our food
The kitchen is where I gauge their mood
The kitchen is where they want after-school snacks
The kitchen is where we get family-time back
The kitchen is where we shoot nerf guns 
The kitchen is where I escape their fun
The kitchen is where I run to my phone
The kitchen is where I can be alone
The kitchen is where I'm reminded I'm messy
The kitchen is where I take a break from the stressy
The kitchen is where I do not bake
The kitchen is where I whisper, 'For Goodness sake'
The kitchen is where they come and tell
The kitchen is where I try not to yell
The kitchen is where I glance at the man
Thankful and bemused by this noisy clan
The kitchen is where they drop all the plates
The kitchen is where I start running late
The kitchen is where they do their chores
The kitchen is where they say they're bored
The kitchen is where I wash their clothes
The kitchen is where I butter the loaves
The kitchen is where tears are shed
The kitchen is where laughter is bred
The kitchen is where the dishes get clean
The kitchen is where they're not on their screens
The kitchen is where they tell me their day
The kitchen is where I try and pray
The kitchen is where my people sit,
to talk about life and marriage; all of it.
The Kitchen is where I do what I do
The kitchen, you're welcome, no matter who.


2 comments: